So looks like I’ve dropped the ball with Barney.
Long story short, the last four weeks at this end have been a shit show.
Both Em and Barney have been taken out by COVID.
So far I’m fine.
I thought I had some supergene – turns out I’ve just got no mates and no social life 🙂
Anyway, this whole shebang has resulted in a month of minimal sleep.
Made worse by the fact that I’ve used this to fuel a self-indulgent pity party.
Meaning for the last 30 days, as Barney and I have sat for breakfast, I’ve muttered these fateful words:
“Wow – Barney, I’m tired…”
And here’s the kicker.
For the last two days straight, and before an ounce of coffee has hit my lips, Barney has beaten me to the punch and declared:
“Wow – Dad, I’m tired…”
… Despite him getting 11 hours of solid sleep.
Meaning it’s time to consider this…
He’s NOT actually tied.
He is in fact, just copying what I’ve said.
Shining a big massive light on the reality that kids ruthlessly watch and copy what we do.
Or in other words my friend, it’s time to understand that…
- When you are glued to your phone – your kids are watching.
- When you are glued to the couch – your kids are watching.
- When you give up – your kids are watching.
- When you make excuses – your kids are watching.
- When you pass the buck – your kids are watching.
- When you choose to move mountains – your kids are watching.
- When you choose to do hard shit – your kids are watching.
- When you choose to provide and protect – your kids are watching.
So thanks to Barney, my mantra for money this week is this:
Consider that, setting him up for success, not failure.
Best way to do that?
Setting a good fucking example.
It’s the greatest gift men like you and I can give the next generation.
Make More. Provide More. Be More.